Proper infection control protocol and universal precautions protect patients and team members. The cornerstone in a safe dental practice is the element of trust. During such a crucial time, please feel free to discuss this any concerns with Dr. Amy and Dr. Jennifer.
Our entire team, back-office as well as front-office, follows infection control procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA),the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the American Dental Association (ADA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
Our practice has implemented the following infection control protocols:
- Disinfectant hand soap and alcohol based hand sanitizer
- Proper use of appropriate PPE: surgical face masks and respirators, face shields, gloves, gowns, and head covers
- Chemical disinfection with EPA approved disinfectants for countertops and contact surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable one-time use barriers and materials
- Hospital grade air purification units (IQ Air and Surgically Clean Air) to filter and disinfect microbes and particles in the air for all treatment areas
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions and take control of your health.